Sunday 31 October 2010

Banoffee Cheesecake

I'm slowly working my way through Nigella's new book 'Kitchen' and this is my latest creation, Banoffee Cheesecake. It's cooked in a water bath which helps eliminate the dark edge you usually get with a baked cheesecake, however I'm not sure it's going to be a new favourite. There's nothing actually wrong with it, it's beautifully light and moussy, the contrast between crunchy biscuit base, smooth centre and sticky, cloying topping is a delicious one, but the banana is a bit overpowering for me and the toffee flavour only comes from the topping. Unfortunately there's no caramel flavour throughout the mixture. It has inspired me to create my own version though so watch this space!

We took the girls to watch fireworks at Beaulieu Motor Museum yesterday evening, they were spectacular but while my three year old was totally in awe of how beautiful they were my five year old was terrified! Here she is before the fear kicked in, bless her!

I hope you're all having a wonderful Halloween x

No comments:

Post a Comment