Tuesday 7 June 2011

How to make confetti cones

Two of my oldest and closest friends are getting married this weekend, we've all known each other since primary school and they got together five years ago. I am so excited about this wedding, almost as much as I was about my own! Me and my girls are bridesmaids and my husband will be best man, so the whole family is a part of the wedding party - how amazing is that?!

I asked if I could do something to help & so I'm in charge of confetti. I thought as I'm too busy this week to fit in any baking related blog posts I'd do a quick tutorial on these. It's a lovely way to personalise your day & the confetti shot is always my favourite!

So I bought some Emma Bridgewater gift wrap as it's so pretty & also it's matt so doesn't look like gift wrap so much. I'm also using real petals as confetti - they smell amazing.
Each sheet is cut into eight, once lengthways down the centre and then each half into quarters.
Roll into a cone, I found I got a sharper point by laying it on the table. Use double sided tape at the bottom where I am holding that corner.
Fill with petals and fold over the top to keep them secure.


Ta-dah! - I can not wait to throw some on Saturday!

1 comment:

  1. Love the lovey dovey graphics you picked! It just brings up a special mood :-)

    ReplyDelete