Monday 14 March 2011

Peony birthday cake

It was my Grandmother's 80th Birthday at the weekend & my Granddad requested that I make her a cake, I went for a pink peony as she had pink flowers in her wedding bouquet & I wanted a big statement flower to save me the hassle of making a spray!
It was a really nice one to make & made even nicer by how much she loved it, she kept saying 'I never thought I'd ever get a cake like this' which was really sweet.
The inscription was chosen by my Granddad and reads 'Everyone Loves Bessie' which I thought was lovely.
The birthday girl
I found a brilliant peony tutorial here if anyone is interested, really simple & easy to follow http://www.thecakerator.com/2010/08/gum-paste-peony-tutorial-part-1.html

So my next project is a 3 tier farm cake, pictures to follow soon xx

3 comments: